Crankworx World Tour Festival is returning to Innsbruck 12-16th June 2019 for the third consecutive year. This year is set to bring in more of the best riders from around the globe to compete in various disciplines while spectators enjoy the music, food, games, vibes and scenery on display at Bikepark Innsbruck.
What is Crankworx?
Since launching in Whistler B.C. in 2004, the event has evolved into a multi-stop international bike sport and music festival series. Crankworx has become an incubator for progression in mountain biking’s various disciplines. This is the stage where riders go real big and try to reveal their latest tricks, pushing the sport to new heights.
The events also host a multitude of workshops for kids and anyone else wanting a taste of the action themselves. Random side events are also on display, allowing anyone to participate. Some of these events include the longest wheelies and bunny hop competitions. Even if you have no idea what the disciplines are, or what a twirly-flippy trick on the bike is called, it’s still a great event to attend for the festival vibes. Good music is always on rotation, while food and drink vendors are scattered throughout.
Crankworx Innsbruck 2019 Schedule
- 12-16th June 2019
Main Competition Events
- 100% Dual Slalom Innsbruck – from 9am June 12th
- Official European Whip-Off Championships presented by SPANK – 5:30 to 7pm June 12th
- RockShox Innsbruck Pump Track Challenge – from 8am June 13th
- Mons Royale Speed & Style Innsbruck – finals from 5:30pm June 14th (training from June 12th)
- Crankworx Innsbruck Slopestyle – finals from 5pm June 15th (training from June 12th)
- iXS Innsbruck Downhill presented by Raiffeisen Club – finals from 11:30am June 16th
Crankworx Innsbruck 2019 Side Events
- Expo and demo area
- Girls Ride With a Pro session powered by OutdoorChicks – 2 to 5pm June 12th
- LINES Bike Pulling – 7:30 to 8:30pm June 12th
- Tech Workshop powered by SRAM – 1 to 2pm June 13th
- Mobility Session for Bikers powered by BASEFIVE – 4 to 5pm June 13th
- Bunnyhop COntest powered by #MTBInnsbruck – 6 to 7pm June 13th
- Become a Knight powered by Mons Royale – 2:30 to 3:30 pm June 14th
- Braap Offs by #MTBInnsbruck – 12 to 2pm June 15th
- Girls Tech Talk powered by OutdoorChicks – 1 to 2pm June 15th
- Suspension Workshop powered by RockShox – 3:30 to 4:30pm June 15th
- Women of Crankworx Autograph Session – 3:30 to 4:30pm June 15th
- Goergl Intense Extended eBike Challenge – 10am to 12 June 16th
Crankworx Innsbruck 2019 Parties
- Official Crankworx Innsbruck Welcome Party – 9pm June 11th at aDLERS
- Reggaeworx 2019 powered by YA MAN! Agency – 9pm June 12th at p.m.k
- Pumptrack After Party powered by #MTBInnsbruck – June 13th at Jimmy’s
- Mons Royale Speed & Style After Party – 9pm June 14th at Kater Noster
- Official Crankworx Innsbruck After Party – 9pm June 15th at Moustache and Dachsbau
My Experience last year at Crankworx
Last year’s Crankworx event was the first and only mountain bike event I have ever attended. I can’t even name a top rider off the top of my head. As I looked through the event list, I remember thinking; “What the heck is pump track?”. Pump track ended up being one of my favorite events. Two riders go head to head on a short and winding dirt track. The catch? The bikes are missing their chains so they create forward movement by “pumping” their bikes down and around the slopes. The event is done tournament style and the races are over really quickly.
The Slopestyle and Mons Royale Speed & Style Innsbruck events were absolutely intense. I was in awe the entire time. Watching these dudes and gals fly through the air, defying gravity, while doing all sorts of loopty doos (not a real trick name) and fliparoos (also not a real trick name) was beyond impressive.
Even if you can’t name any pro riders, or rattle off trick names, this event is definitely worth checking out. The riders are elite level, it’s the best of the best out there sending it all day long. Outside of the riders, the fans can also be pretty intense. So many people were walking around with cowbells and bike frames to bang, to celebrate big tricks. There were even a few people revving chainsaws to cheer. Yes, revving CHAIN SAWS and clanking huge cow bells. That was definitely one of those “Only In Innsbruck” moments for me.
The Crankworx Innsbruck organizers promote this stop as the most “urban” of the tour destinations. All the travelling fans and riders are extra stoked to check out the town and spend a few nights out partying at the scheduled events throughout the city.
Crankworx Innsbruck 2018 Highlight Video
Watch the higlight reel here from Crankworx 2018 to get a feeling of what this year’s event will be all about:
2019 Crankworx Innsbruck Tickets
Tickets for adults are priced at €20 for the whole festival until 11th June, thereafter €25; while child tickets are €14 (until the 11th, then €20 from 12th June onwards). Weekend tickets are also available, starting at €9 for children and €15 for adults.
|STANDARD TICKETS||On sale||Festival Ticket|
up to 12*
aged 12 to 17
|until June 11||€14||€9|
|from June 12||€20||€15|
|until June 11||€20||€15|
|from June 12||€25||€20|
VIP tickets are also available, with benefits like access to the best viewpoints, special parking spots, and free food/drinks. See HERE for more info.
|VIP TICKETS||On sale||Festival Ticket|
|Dual Slalom||Pump Track||Speed & Style||Slopestyle||DH|
up to 12*
|always free of charge|
aged 12 to 17
|until June 11||€160||€90||€30||€30||€40||€60||€50|
|from June 12||€195||€105||€40||€40||€50||€70||€60|
|until June 11||€195||€105||€40||€40||€50||€70||€60|
|from June 12||€235||€120||€50||€50||€60||€80||€70|